Long Island Spine Rehabilitation Medicine
If you are looking for pain relief in Huntington, Long Island Spine Rehabilitation Medicine is not only one of the finest rehabilitation centers in the area, but one of the most easily accessible. Conveniently located on Jericho Turnpike, our Suffolk County office treats patients from many local hamlets, such as Syosset, Cold Spring Harbor, Northport, and Melville, as well as from the town of Huntington itself.
Though residents of Huntington are fortunate to live in close proximity to North Shore beaches, beautiful landscapes, a wide array of local shops, expansive malls, and cultural events, those suffering musculoskeletal pain and dysfunction are even more grateful to live near our excellent Huntington spine center where relief is readily available.
What Our Huntington Rehabilitation Center Can Do for You
Our practice is run by physiatrists, doctors who specialize in pain management and rehabilitation, so our focus is on alleviating pain and restoring function, not on surgery. Our treatment methods are noninvasive, safe, and remarkably effective. We offer you recovery without trauma and downtime. Once we diagnose your case and determine your best course of treatment, you can look forward to an improved life of diminished pain and improved mobility.Contact Us Today
Why So Many Choose and Recommend Our Huntington Spine Clinic
Long Island Spine’s Huntington rehabilitation center has a well-earned reputation for successful treatment of pain, even pain that has previously been intractable. Our doctors have outstanding credentials and excellent skills, and have been recognized by their peers in such listings as Castle Connolly’s Top Doctors, Newsday’s Top Doctors on Long Island, and New York Super Doctors. More than that, their empathy and desire to heal are noteworthy. Because relief of pain and restoration of function are our goals, we have a pragmatic approach to treatment. Because we do what works, we have a strong track record of success.
Causes of Musculoskeletal Pain and Dysfunction
Patients come to the Huntington office of Long Island Spine for a variety of reasons. Some are children injured on the playground; others are weekend or professional athletes; still others are older individuals suffering the woes of osteoarthritis. Many of our patients don’t know the origin of their pain, but just want us to assist them in getting rid of it. Among the myriad causes of spinal and other musculoskeletal pain are:
- Natural wear and tear on the joints resulting from osteoarthritis due to aging
- Traumatic injury from a slip and fall, car or construction accident
- Symptoms resulting from a prior injury or previous surgery
- Repetitive injury due to making a persistent motion, like pitching, lifting, or reaching
- Sudden awkward movement that puts excessive pressure on a tendon or ligament
- Underlying disease condition like rheumatoid arthritis or ankylosing spondylitis
Even our highly trained diagnosticians, using cutting-edge equipment and methods, cannot always attribute your pain to a particular cause. Pain of unknown origin, known as idiopathic, can still be successfully treated.
Conditions We Treat at Our Spine Center in Huntington
By all accounts, Huntington is a bustling community, but, like all bustling communities, it houses a certain percentage of residents with pain and mobility issues. If you’re one of the individuals finding it difficult or impossible to work, do household chores, or engage in recreational activities you enjoy, our Huntington rehabilitation clinic is the place to come. Once our talented team has evaluated your case, we will immediately begin a course of treatment tailored to your particular needs.
Conditions we treat at our Huntington rehabilitation clinic include, but are not limited to:
- Back and neck pain
- Hip and knee pain
- Shoulder pain and frozen shoulder
- Bursitis (inflammation of small sacs of fluid at the joints)
- Tendonitis (inflammation of a tendon — e.g tennis elbow)
- Carpal tunnel syndrome (pain, numbness, tingling of the wrist)
- Herniated discs (damaged cushions between the vertebrae)
- Meniscal tears (damage to knee cartilage)
- Neuropathy (numbness or weakness due to damage of a peripheral nerve)
- Pinched nerves
- Aches and pains attributed to aging
- Sciatica (compression of a spinal nerve root)
- Spinal stenosis (narrowing of the spinal canal)
- Sprains (ligament injuries) and strains (tendon injuries)
- Sacroiliac joint pain (originating in the joint between the pelvis and the lower back)
Diagnosis at Our Rehabilitation Center in Huntington
Our physiatrists are skilled diagnosticians who use the following methods to determine the cause of your pain:
- Complete medical history
- Physical examination
- Imaging tests, such as ultrasound or MRI, CT, or bone scans
- Selective injection procedures under ultrasound guidance
- Nerve conduction studies
- Electromyography (EMG)
Once we have determined the precise location of your injury or the nature of your disease, we will design a treatment regimen for your particular problem. If we discover that your pain has a cause unrelated to your spine or joints (such as a kidney stone) or requires immediate surgical intervention (like a dislocated fracture), we will refer you to a trustworthy colleague in the appropriate specialty.
At Long Island Spine, We Use Safe, Noninvasive, Effective Treatments
Our Huntington spine center professionals administer treatments that have a track record of relieving pain and restoring function. These include:
- Spinal epidural injections — administered under fluoroscopic guidance, these injections target the pain site with a combination of analgesic and corticosteroid to reduce both pain and inflammation
- Diagnostic ultrasound – and ultrasound guided therapeutic musculoskeletal injections
- Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy — enriches a sample of your own blood with your own platelets, and then reinjects them to promote healing
- PEMF (Pulsed Electromagnetic Field) technology — uses electromagnetic waves at varying frequencies to reduce pain and accelerate healing
Contact Long Island Spine Rehabilitation Medicine for Prompt Relief
If you reside in or near Huntington, there is no reason to put up with ongoing or intermittent pain and the restricted mobility that accompanies it. Contact our rehabilitation center to experience the satisfaction of knowing you are dealing with first-rate medical practitioners. Our team has in-depth understanding of, and compassion for, your plight. More than that, we have proven methods to bring you back to health and well-being.